Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
For people who asked how they can help, and those who did not but are interested in making this project work, here are a list of ways you can help:
1) Donate funds - the first step in this project is to insure that there is adequate funding for putting a down payment on the property in question and seeing that the mortgage payments are met. The price of the property is quite affordable, but for a small group of people it is definitely a great burden. If a large number of people get involved, it will be easily accomplished with very little burden on anyone. Please visit our support page if you would like to help financially with this project, even in a small way:
(note that the money doesn't go to me, I don't touch money, and please understand that I am only providing this as a source of information for people wishing to help in some way.)
2) Become a steward - we need someone to come and stay at the center, even for a few months and act as a monastery steward; the responsibilities are minimal, but a driver's license would be a good support. Male only, due to the nature of the job.
3) Come pitch in - we need a dedicated work crew to help start this up; dedicated to the meditation practice and dedicated to helping rebuild and expand the existing facilities. Building skills would be a great asset, but everyone and anyone is welcome, provided you don't mind pitching a tent or sharing a room in the house or meditation hall.
4) Donate supplies - we'll take almost anything - tents, old camper trailers, household appliances, tools, building supplies, canned food, etc. If you think it would be of any use to us, and you are able to get it to the center, we'll be most grateful for it.
5) Come meditate - if you just want to come to meditate with us, and are willing to rough it a bit in the beginning, that will be what really shows that this project has the potential for success. We welcome all people who are willing to follow the rules and the practice as we do, for as long as they can keep up.
If you would like to help in any of these ways, please let me know. One way you can do this is to use the contact page.
Thanks everyone for your moral and material support; let's make this happen!