Just got meself a skype number: +1 818 824 6654... not to be an unpaid advertisement for the sky people, but it costs my students $5 a month to get me a telephone number and unlimited calling to anywhere in North America. And now I have an excuse when people try to offer to get me a mobile phone. The real beauty is that it comes with voicemail, so I don't have to actually receive calls, just listen to voice mail from time to time. So, what are you waiting for? Skype me.
In other geeky news, I tried changing the theme for my weblog, due to technical difficulties with "Misty Look", but alas, there is no theme out there quite so "me" as this one (or so says my mom).
Finally, in real monk news, I think I've narrowed down the rainy season to a shu-win. Back to Wat Thai of Los Angeles. Let's recap, shall we?
1. Castaic Lake, owned by two nice people who were ready to give me their house indefinitely. That fell through.
2. Mohave Desert, 250 acres - nice, if you don't mind the high winds and 50 degree (centigrade) temperatures.
3. San Diego, a $500,000 RV owned by the creators of Rainbow sandals. Somehow it didn't seem to fit the monk shoe...
4. Minnesota, another Wat Thai. Nuff said.
5. Vermont, a yurt.
6. Lagoona Beach, a million-dollar mansion. They're renovating.
7. Reseda, a kuti under a Bodhi tree. They couldn't get a permit.
8. Las Vegas, a condo. With a communal swimming pool. Actually "Las Vegas" was enough to make me hesitate.
9. My father's barn. Okay, maybe next year, dad.
10. Santa Barbara, a long shot. Still no word on this one, but I think I'll let it go.
This is how samsara works... it sends you on a wild-goose chase and brings you right back to where you started.